You asked for it, so here it is. I posted a picture of my Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls on Facebook and people went nuts!
This meal is packed with Vitamin K, Vitamin C & Vitamin B6.
- 1 lb lean ground beef/turkey
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 small green cabbage head chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon- 1/2 cup brown sugar (depending how sweet you’d like it.)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large, deep skillet or dutch oven, brown ground beef, onions and garlic together. Cook until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, paprika, sugar, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat, and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 30 minutes.
This was a hit for my family. It makes a pretty large amount so I had enough left over to freeze for later.