So my little is turning 3 years old this coming Sunday! Man does time fly!
I wanted to do something fun for the kids in his preschool class! I thought what better than making some delicious cake pops!
I figured these would be a perfect, easy to eat treat for him and his friends.
I can’t believe how easy it was to make these! So I though I would share with you how I made these amazing yummy treats!
Super Easy Cake Pops
1. Pick out any flavor box cake that you wish! My little guy LOVES Strawberry’s so I decided on a strawberry cake!
2. Bake the cake according to the box instructions. For my particular case, my little is deathly allergic to eggs, so I used an egg substitute- Tapioca powder- in place of the eggs the box called for.
3. You can also pick out any flavor pre made icing. I chose Cream Cheese frosting, cause who doesn’t love that stuff.
4. Once your cake has baked and cooled off completely you get to destroy it! I kind of had a little too much fun with this step. Some people like to use a food processor, but I just don’t see the fun in that really. And you don’t want to crumb your cake to fine, so keep it a little bigger.
5. Time to add that frosting to your cake crumbs! But wait!!!! Don’t add the entire tub. You will only need a little less than half the tub of frosting to get the “dough” the right consistency.
6. Now your going to want to let this mixture refrigerate, preferably over night, but if you are crunched for time like I was, some time in the freezer can speed things up. You are going to want your “dough” pretty cold so it can be molded and stay molded. Also this helps when it comes time to place your sticks in.
7. When your dough is ready go ahead and start rolling those balls! Place them on a wax sheet of paper when you are finished and again pop them in the fridge or freezer while you go on to the next step.
8. Time to melt those candy melts. Make sure you use a container that is deep enough to dip your pops in and get full coverage. Heat your candy melts in the microwave at 30 sec intervals and stir in between till you have them completely melted.
9. This step is important!!!! Before you place your sticks in the cake balls be sure to dip the end of it into your melted candy first! This will help keep your cake ball in place.
10. Time to start dipping. Once you have dipped your cake pop you can place it on top of wax paper. Or, like I did, get a cake pop decorating stand to stand them up right for more decorating.
When you’re finished make sure to keep refrigerated until it’s time to enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Share the yumminess with your friends.
If you try this recipe leave a comment below! I’d love to see your decorated cake pops.