Every Sunday I like to do a little self restore, and prepare myself for the week ahead. Most of the time it includes making sure I have everything ready and finished…laundry, grocery shopping, dinner plans for the week etc. But after all of that I like to take a little time out for myself and get my mind, body and spirit in line.
I very much recommend this to just about everyone, man or woman.
Part of my Sunday Ritual is my Detox Bath. I kind of make this a big deal because, well, it is a big deal. I let my fiance know that I am going to take my detox bath, and he knows that means I am not to be bothered for the next 30 mins.
Wash your week away with this restorative detox bath;
- Gather a few candles to set the mood. Soft lighting is always a good mood setter.
- Pick out at least 5-6 songs or music tracks that you really enjoy and can get lost in. But don’t press play until you are in the tub,.
- Your going to want to make your bath water as warm as you can possibly stand it. Now please don’t go burning yourself. 1st & 2nd degree burns are a real thing…trust me!
- Next follow this Detox Bath Recipe
- 2-3 cups of Epsom Salt
- 1 cup of Baking Soda
- 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar (With the mother)
- 4-8 drops of Lavender Essential Oils (This helps to cover up with vinegar smell, and Lavender is relaxing)
- Glass of Ice Water to sip on- I DO NOT suggest any type of alcohol with this bath as this bath tends to make you very sleepy and possibly light headed.
Add all ingredients to running bath water (minus the ice water) and be sure to mix well.
Light your candles, start your music and submerge as much of your body as you can. You are going to sweat and that’s kind of the point! Let the detox mixture do its job of pulling out impurities and stress. RELAX, and BREATHE! If you really relax enough and pay attention to your body you can actually feel the detox working…you will feel tingly all over your body, that means its working!
!!CAUTION!! – If you become light headed, slowly sit up and drink some ice water! It is important to stay hydrated!!
I normally soak for a good 15-20 mins or until 5-7 songs have played all the way through. (Most songs average 5 mins), so on that note I do NOT suggest sitting through 5-7 songs by Pink Floyd. I sometimes bring a book as well, and catch up on some reading.
Now the Important part:
When you are done soaking, go ahead a start to drain your water (yes it will look dirty…you just cleansed your body).
You’re going to want to rinse away all impurities and bath mixture, so for this I suggest turning on the shower AS COLD AS YOU CAN STAND IT, and fully rinse your entire body off. This will also snap shut your pores. Make sure you let other people in your home know what you will be doing as this step tends to get you hooting and hollering! LOL The first time I did this my fiance came running in yelling and wondering what the hell I was doing!
Like I said previously, this will make you very sleepy so I suggest doing this right before bedtime. Also make sure to drink a glass or two of water after your detox (as well as during). You will wake up the next morning feeling refreshed and ready for your week!
Let me know what you think in the comments!